Tagging is a way to group sets of events together to provide a higher-level understanding of how your customers are using your product. You may be asking, when would I use these "tags" you speak of...
- Grouping multiple events that show usage of a specific feature. For example, your "campaign creation" feature may include the events "created:template", "edited:content", "updated:subscribers", "sent:campaign".
- Grouping events that come from a specific source. For example, a social media analytics company would want to group Facebook events, Twitter events, Instagram events, etc.
How do I create tags?
- Go to your events type page
- Click into an event you would like to include in the grouping and add the tag to the section labeled "Tags".
- Repeat step 2 until you've added all the groupings your heart desires.
Things to note:
- A single event could belong to multiple tag groups.
- Tagging works best when you add a layer of nesting. For example, the tag "feature/created_campaign" works much better than "created_campaign".
Tags in Action
There are two places where you will be able to see tags in the Preact interface.
- Tag Health scores on the individual Account level (ask your CSM for this feature)