Note that this is for experienced Preact administrators/developers only. Please consult with your Customer Success Manager before using this function.
The format is similar to a standard event, with a few differences:
- You must add a field on the Event object called "klass" and give it a value of "actionevent".
Example: "klass": "actionevent",
- You do not need to include the Person object but the Account object is still required.
"name": "Corner Coffee Shop"
Once the event is being logged, the final step is to set the Background Signal flag on the event.
- Log in to Preact, click on the settings cog wheel, and select Event Types (only available for Administrators)
- Select the Event Type to set up as a Background signal
- Click Advanced Settings
- Ensure the Background Signal checkbox is checked